Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Magical Manga

Bubbly, expressive, gorgeous eyes, long long hair, AMAZINGLY detailed costumes, fantastical powers-  What do all these things have in common? They're all a must if you're drawing in the Manga sub genre of Shoujo "Magical Girls". The last two days I've been trying to draw these amazing characters, with (I think) varying degrees of success. Here's a stereotypical Magical Girl from a Google Images search:
I know, amazing. There's a reason I wanna be able to draw like this, you know!
And here's my first attempt:
 well, it's a start. But, to me, it seems that it's sorta stiff. It doesn't have the energy I was hoping for.

I like this one MUCH better, although to be fair I was kind of copying the pose and stuff from a drawing book.

I'm really into this style so I'll keep practicing...  hopefully practice will make perfect prettier!
Please feel free to share your thoughts via Comments.

3 comments:

  1. These are great, Ivy -- I hadn't seen the second one yet, and I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Ivy, did you really draw that last one? Pretty professional if you ask me. Let's see some more artwork.

    ReplyDelete