Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cake... Finally Done!

We took a lot of pictures of this cake, from all different angles, but this one video shows it all.Of all three cakes in our category (8-11 yrs.),our cake was FIRST PLACE!When I walked into the back room at the cake shop, I didn't know witch category corresponded with which tables, so I waaaaaay lowered my expectations of our chance at winning, while i looked at the three-foot-high, elaborately-animal-printed, gravity-defying, and very-cool-almost-completely-edibly-sculptured top of a cake at the professional category's table. Okay, so I kind of knew that one wasn't going to be in my category, but still, one of the adult ones looked like it might have been and it was sitting right beside some pretty cool ones.

one of the Professional cakes.(!!!)


An undersea cake (an Adult cake).... it was cool to see how someone else did the same theme so diffrently than ours.

ha ha... I love this very original and cool cake. It was, i think, in the Teens section (12-16 year-olds or something)

Overall, the whole experience was AWESOME! Even if we hadn't won I'd be just as proud of our hard work. Though parts were a bit frusturating, I loved the process.If you'd like to see some close-ups of some of the fish and decorations please look at my post "CUUUTTTTEEEEE CAAAAAAAAKKKKKE".


No comments:

Post a Comment